Compiling C to a circuit

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:02 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to follow both the notes/discussions on here and the README file but am relatively new to programming so am struggling to get my head around how to compile a circuit from a C program using the vercomp.py program. Can anyone advise me on how to do this?

Also I've noticed in the README file it states "Running "make -f make.matrix" should produce a build directory containing circuits and executables." I have done this and obtained the build directory but is it supposed to contain anything in it or do I have to create my own input files within this directory?

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 10:26 PM
Hi,

As noted in the README file, you need to edit the settings in common/App.py to select the (existing) applications you'd like to include. That's probably a good place to start, but once you have applications of your own, you'll want to follow that template for adding your own apps. After you've edited common/App.py, running ../src/build-test-matrix.py will create the corresponding make file, and then you can use "make -f make.matrix". You can look inside the relevant makefiles (e.g., make.matrix and make.in) to see which options you can build. You'll also see some examples that run the various Pinocchio tools; you may want to experiment with invoking those directly, if you want to better understand how they interact and what they take as input and produce as output.

-Bryan